    format a DVD-RAM disc with both the UDF 1.5 and UDF 2.0 File Systems.

    You can read the thread, and download the driver here:

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=17286

    LDJ, Jan 19, 2006

  2. LDJ

    Guest Guest

    I don't have the RAM feature on my DVDRW, but i would sure like to hear
    anyone else who got it to work with other LG burners.

    Guest, Jan 20, 2006

  3. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Lostword!
    It was quite easy to change the driver, when I discovered what it
    required :) I'm almost sure it will work with any DVD-RAM capable LG
    drive, and if not, it will be easy to change the driver, so it does.

    I wrote an e-mail to BHA, who supplied the 32bit driver and software,
    that came with my drive. They replied with a very disappointing answer.
    They had no plans etc..

    LDJ, Jan 20, 2006
  4. "they had no plans, etc."

    I am seriously tired of hearing that. And yes, I'm making future buying
    decisions on how vendors behave here and now. It only makes good sense to
    avoid those vendors who don't support their users. Because if they don't
    support x64 now, what won't they support in the future?

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 20, 2006
  5. LDJ

    Guest Guest

    my lg dvd-raw worked in x64 right out the box. it is nice and burns fast!

    Guest, Jan 21, 2006
  6. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Hello hybridart!
    My LG-GSA4163b DVD-RAM drive did work, but only with the FAT32 file
    system, but I want to use the UDF file systems as well.

    I managed to alter a Panasonic DVD-RAM x64 driver, and now I can use
    FAT32, UDF 1.5t and UDF 2.0 f.s. also.

    The driver now supports these drives:

    MATSHITA (Panasonic)
    For DVD Multi drive model:
    DVD-RAM SW-9571, DVD-RAM SW-9572, DVD-RAM SW-9573
    DVD-RAM SW-9574, DVD-RAM SW-9581, DVD-RAM SW-9582
    DVD-RAM SW-9583, DVD-RAM SW-9584, DVD-RAM SW-9585
    DVD-RAM UJ-815, DVD-RAM UJ-825, DVD-RAM UJ-835
    DVD-RAM UJ-845, DVD-RAM UJ-846

    HL-DT-ST (LG Electronics)
    DVD-RAM GMA-4020B, DVD-RAM GMA-4080N, DVD-RAM GSA-4040B,
    DVD-RAM GSA-4080B, DVD-RAM GSA-4081B, DVD-RAM GSA-4082B,
    DVD-RAM GSA-4120B, DVD-RAM GSA-4160B, DVD-RAM GSA-4163B

    LDJ, Jan 22, 2006
  7. Great work! Is the driver available elsewhere where you don't have to
    register just to download a file?

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jan 22, 2006
  8. LDJ

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Benjamin!

    If you have a Panasonic drive, you can use the files on Panasonic's
    support site. That driver will ONLY work with MATSHITA (Panasonic) drives.

    However, if you have a LG drive, then you have to download it from
    PlanetAMD64. Don't be afraid to register, it doesn't hurt :) IMO it's a
    fine, decent, kind and helpful site. I'm sure that most users here will
    agree to that.

    Drives Supported:

    LDJ, Jan 22, 2006