    My media colour is a blue / purble color. Does anyone else have
    that problem with there LG 4163B? Can't find any info on google for
    this model. thanks.

    lbbss, Dec 12, 2005

  2. lbbss

    10_4 Guest

    I have the same DVD burner and have no problems. I do use the silver media
    not the colored media you use so this may be the problem. I use Nero 6 as
    my burning program and am very pleased with it. I used Roxio with very
    unsatisfactory results. There are many burning programs and I have tried
    most but I always go back to Nero. Which program do you use?

    Good luck!

    10_4, Dec 12, 2005

  3. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    Nero 6

    lbbss, Dec 12, 2005
  4. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    should I not be doing any computer work when burning? Have you tried
    purple / blue color media? Also, is it necessary to check for
    errors. I do but it takes twice as long to finish the DVD. tx

    lbbss, Dec 12, 2005
  5. lbbss

    Plato Guest

    Perferrably.

    Plato, Dec 12, 2005

  6. Some info on the tinyurl below:

    http://tinyurl.com/7qp3g

    Good Luck, ☺[email protected]☺

    *[email protected]*, Dec 13, 2005
  7. lbbss

    10_4 Guest

    Most manufacturers and knowledgeable gurus suggest that you do nothing else
    while burning including allowing a screen saver to run. I do nothing while
    I burn and I do not use colored disk due to the problems such as we are
    discussing. I tried once before to use the color media and had bad results
    but this was with another brand burner. After I purchased a different
    burner media, the problem went away. Checking for errors is not a guarantee
    just a method telling you in advance you have a bad burn.

    This drive offers a firmware update but I would suggest trying a different
    media first. If a firmware update goes bad, you can throw the drive away!
    If you are not knowledgeable about firmware updates, I suggest getting a
    professional to do it.

    10_4, Dec 14, 2005
  8. lbbss

    10_4 Guest