    and they do not plan on supporting the device with an updated driver. As a
    college student, having a printer would be great. If anyone knows how to get
    this printer to work, I would be much obliged. Thank you in advance.

    Guest, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    I would give the included z52 or z42 driver a try.

    John Barnes, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Hmmm. A printer that was discontinued in 2002? You're not likely to get a
    full driver for it, and I can't even really fault Lexmark given the age.
    BUT, that being said, I believe it should work with the built in Lexmark Z52
    Color Jetprinter driver. It may not be perfect, but should be acceptable.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 23, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I tried the Z52 driver and it worked for about a day, then Windows Update
    did something and it doesn't work anymore. I uninstalled it and installed it
    again and I can't seem to get it to work.

    Guest, Jan 23, 2006
  5. I'd do some serious registry hacking and rip out any vestige of the printer,
    then try installing it again. Of course, the usual cautions about editing
    the registry, apply. It can leave you in a non-working, non-bootable state.
    You've been warned. Etc. But honestly, that's what I'd do. Well, actually
    what I'd do is go out and buy an inexpensive, PCL+PS printer and connect it
    to my network. Then I wouldn't have any more problems. But lacking that...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 23, 2006
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    You might try running thru the printer troubleshooting routing. Maybe it is
    as simple as being pointed to the wrong printer port now.

    John Barnes, Jan 23, 2006
  7. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    that's routine, not routing. sorry