  1. Lexmark said, as of 2/2/05, that they have no plans to make a driver for
    X5150 all in one. Any ideas on how to get it to work w/o having to plunk
    down more money for a different printer/scanner?

    =?Utf-8?B?YWR6ZmVs?=, May 16, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2005

  3. I have not purchased the OEM version yet. I have the beta version still and
    it detects the printer but can't find the driver. I went to Lexmark's web
    site and my printer is still not listed. I just fired off an e-mail to their
    support site. We'll see what happens.

    Thanks for the reply

    =?Utf-8?B?YWR6ZmVs?=, May 16, 2005
  4. In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your model. For
    black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer that supports PCL5,
    and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6 driver. Choose the closest
    matching Lexmark printer and you'll at least be able to print. Probably not
    scanning, however. I always recommend adding or buying Postscript capability
    for any printer, since it makes your printer able to work from a wide variety
    of operating systems.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 16, 2005
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your
    > model. For black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer
    > that supports PCL5, and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6
    > driver. Choose the closest matching Lexmark printer and you'll at
    > least be able to print. Probably not scanning, however. I always
    > recommend adding or buying Postscript capability for any printer,
    > since it makes your printer able to work from a wide variety of
    > operating systems.

    Hi Charlie,

    Not always the closest to your printer. My HP 6100 All in One doesn't have
    any x64 drivers, and according to HP, will not have in the future.
    So they recommanded me to use the 990c driver. Well, it works for the
    printer, not for the scanner... I'll have to learn to decorate drivers ;)

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 16, 2005
  6. You're right, there will be some odd changes requred for a while. It's going
    to be tricky to get a lot of these All in One machines working, I suspect.
    Hopefully, folks who get them working by decorating drivers will upload to
    sites like planetamd64 so we can all benefit.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 16, 2005
  7. I tried all sorts of different drivers but none helped. Lexmark said there
    are no drivers that are close enough to get working.

    =?Utf-8?B?YWR6ZmVs?=, May 21, 2005