lexmark 3600-4600 wireles and vista home edition

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by news, Jan 25, 2009.

  1. news

    news Guest

    I've just been trying to help the young, teenage daughter of a late
    friend connect her new dell laptop, with vista home edition, to her
    new lexmark wireless printer.

    She had installed everything correctly as far as I could see and the
    printer was on the network. I successfully installed all the software
    onto my xp acer aspire laptop and everything performed as expected,
    wirelessly.

    She has had some other issues with the dell, it came pre installed
    with mcaffee and she has uninstalled that and attempted to install
    norton 360. The install hung during downloading update from symantec.

    Windows firewall is off. She has full internet access. She has set up
    both admin and user accounts.

    The print queue fills up and the icon in control panel-printers shows
    a green tick and the word error.

    Just being able to set the printer up using usb would be handy for the
    moment but I have trouble navigating around vista.

    AJH

    news, Jan 25, 2009