    the drive to make it work again? I think I forgot to stop the drive
    before unplugging it.

    , Mar 12, 2007

  2. aka in 24hoursupport.helpdesk messageID
    <> on 3/11/2007 at
    8:42:03 PM after much thought,came up with this jewel:

    > I have an ancient JumpDrive (128MB) that my computer will not
    > communicate with. Is there a way to either retrieve the data or format
    > the drive to make it work again? I think I forgot to stop the drive
    > before unplugging it.

    Just forget about it and throw it away! You can get a replacement for
    under 10$ US.

    max
    --
    Virus Removal Instructions http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    Keeping Windows Clean http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html

    What's in a Name?, Mar 12, 2007

  3. west Guest

    On 11 Mar 2007 17:42:03 -0700, wrote:

    >I have an ancient JumpDrive (128MB) that my computer will not
    >communicate with. Is there a way to either retrieve the data or format
    >the drive to make it work again? I think I forgot to stop the drive
    >before unplugging it.

    Open the My Computer and select the device, right click and attempt to defrag
    the device to see if it can fix any errors. If that doesn't work you can
    reformat it from the same menu.
    If it doesn't show up at all in my computer it most likely failed
    electronically and data can not be retrieved.

    west, Mar 12, 2007