Level 15 access box... Cisco 801 or IIS?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Shared Care, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. Shared Care

    Shared Care Guest

    I'm trying to access our site externally. I can log onto the VPN without
    problem. However, whenever I try to access the website using http://A.B.C.D
    on our public address, I have a box pop up that reads:

    "Title: Enter network password

    Please type your username and password.

    Site: A.B.C.D

    Realm: level 15 access

    Username:

    Password: "

    Is this the CISCO 801 or is it from IIS?

    Admin

    Shared Care, Nov 15, 2003

  2. That is your Cisco box.

    Rick in the Midwest

    Rick in the Midwest, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Shared Care

    Shared Care Guest

    Thanks Rick.

    How do I stop this happening? External users should be able to go straight
    to my internal website.

    Admin

    Shared Care, Nov 15, 2003
  4. I am assuming you are using the VPN access from SBS. If you are coming in
    with your VPN, try using the private IP (internal) in your web browser of
    your server since the VPN is inside, not outside.
    If you want your server to be accessed without the VPN you need to add a
    statement to your Cisco router to redirect port 80 to your external NIC of
    SBS.
    If you have "ip nat outside" and "ip nat inside" on the respective
    interfaces, then it would be a global config command of "ip nat inside
    You can obviously change tcp to udp if needed...
    You can also replace tcp/udp with "ip" and redirect all traffic...
    For Example:
    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.2 80 216.178.138.26 80 extendable

    Rick ITM

    Rick in the Midwest, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Shared Care

    Shared Care Guest

    Thanks Rick for your response.

    I already have this statement in the router. I get the level 15 access
    whether I'm using the VPN or not. That's what's puzzling me.

    Admin

    Shared Care, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Instead of going to the external IP of the server, have you tried the
    internal IP? And what VPN are you using?

    Rick ITM

    Rick in the Midwest, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Shared Care

    Shared Care Guest

    I've not tried the internal IP - only the external. VPN is stock W2K pro..
    nothing clever... over PPTP. The server is running ISA2000 which might have
    something to do with it?

    Admin

    Shared Care, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Well this is the Small Business Server newsgroup and it does have ISA in it.
    You might want to post in the ISA newsgroup too. Why are you using the VPN
    then trying to access the external IP? It just doesn't make any sense to me
    but maybe you are doing something different. The VPN gets you inside the
    internal network. Try the internal IP and report your results.

    Rick ITM

    Rick in the Midwest, Nov 19, 2003