    pinging, I get the message "unable to initialize, windows socket failure,
    error code 0". My laptop via my wireless adapter connects to my router and
    cable modem fine. I'm desperate for suggestions... anyone?

    Guest, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Guest

    Lance Guest

    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 811259
    How to determine and recover from Winsock2 corruption
    <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811259&Product=winxp>

    Be advised that resetting winsock and the tcp/ip stack as instructed in
    this article may break certain networking software (like Novell Client
    and Cisco VPN). If that happens, then reinstalling the networking
    software should fix things right up.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Oct 2, 2004