Lensbaby Sponsored Selective Blur Photography Competition Winnerand Finalists

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne J. Cosshall, Jul 20, 2007.

  1. Hi All,

    The winner of the Lensbaby photography competition has been decided:
    http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1048

    Congratulations to C. David Tobie and all the finalists.

    Also a reminder that the August DIMi competition is an amateur sport
    photography competition:
    http://www.dimagemaker.com/comps/thinktank/aug07.php

    and the July Macro photography competition is still open:
    http://www.dimagemaker.com/comps/thinktank/july07.php

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Jul 20, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    DBLEXPOSURE Guest

    DBLEXPOSURE, Jul 20, 2007

  3. Wayne J. Cosshall

    marrer Guest

    marrer, Jul 20, 2007
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall, Jul 20, 2007
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Nervous Nick Guest

    Hi Wayne!

    The Lensbaby is a stupid name for a stupid, gimmicky product. I do,
    however, salute the person or company that makes money off of it:
    There is a sucker born every minute, as it has been said, and they
    deserve to be had.

    I am neither impressed with the standard of the entries (I think they
    all suck), nor the pathetic hawking of this useless product.

    I am having my period (a heavy flow day) so forgive me if I am unduly
    polite.

    Nervous Nick, Jul 21, 2007
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Matt Clara Guest

    Ya know, those pics of Tuscany with the clump of trees in a field are
    cliché, but, all the same, that's a kick ass picture. To me, the only thing
    perfect about it are the clouds, the rest could use just a touch more
    exposure. Or maybe not. I'd have to see to be sure... ;-)

    Matt Clara, Jul 21, 2007
  7. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Robert Coe Guest

    The judging happens offline and so the number of views has nothing to do
    : with it.
    :
    : If you are not impressed with the standard of entries, perhaps you
    : should enter next time.

    Or volunteer to serve as a judge. The second-guessers could find out first
    hand how easy it isn't. ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 21, 2007
  8. Wayne J. Cosshall