    How's the Canon 70-200f/4 do wide open in digital use?
    What about the 100-300L or non L version?

    John

    jriegle, Sep 19, 2003

  2. jriegle

    JPS Guest

    In message
    I don't have any experiences with those particular lenses, but I do have
    a 300mm f4L IS, and it is so much sharper than the 75-300mm IS zoom. I
    bought a Tamron 2x teleconverter for the zoom, and it turns out that the
    TC can bring in no more detail than the zoom by itself at 300mm. It's
    like an analog form of digital zoom. The 300mm L prime is so sharp that
    I can use either that TC or the Canon 1.4x TC, and it is still sharper
    than the zoom at 300mm. This is even true, believe it or not, with the
    two TCs stacked (unless the zoom is stopped way down).

    JPS, Sep 27, 2003