    Traveling Guest

    Thinking about buying a lens adaptor and filters for a Canon A60. Do
    these adaptors interfere with or degrade the zoom lens performance

    Traveling, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Traveling

    Traveling Guest

    Thanks for the information. Is changing the lenses difficult? I guess
    that the lenses should be removed if you still want to put the A60 in
    your pocket.

    --
    Thanks

    Traveling

    adapter - there is no problem with the whole range of wide to full zoom,
    but when you ad a teleconvertor (2.4x from Canon) you will lose a
    ceratin amount of low-end zoom due to the lens it`s self but that`s only
    the range that you would normally cover anyway without the
    tele-convertor.
    well as 52mm filters & I found that having a polarizing filter or ND
    (Neutral Density) filter will further protect the built-in lens on your
    camera

    Traveling, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Traveling

    DHB Guest

    Traveling,
    with my A40 & A70 (very similar to your A60) the lens
    adapter & teleconvertor can be removed together as 1 from the camera with
    minimal effort. Best to do this with the camera powered down so that the
    camera lens will be retracted. Then you should replace the protective ring
    that came with the camera where the lens adapter was removed from, now you
    can pocket the A60 if your pockets are large enough. The teleconvertor with
    mount can go in a zip lock bag & in another pocket.

    Whenever I plan on using my 2.4x teleconvertor, I bring the camera with
    me in a small padded camera case just large enough to hold everything that I
    may wish to use with the camera. This usually includes, 1 set of fully
    charged "AA" batteries, 2nd CF card, as Zol suggested "a polarizing filter
    or ND (Neutral Density) filter", a small white card to meter off of & use to
    hold over the lens to keep unwanted sunlight from entering the lens & lastly
    is a very small table top rectangular tripod made by Sony which has feet
    that fold up under it. This set up generally covers just about everything I
    usually do with my A40 or A70.

    When not expecting the need for the 2.4x teleconvertor or filters, I
    leave most of this home & put the camera in the Canon A series case which
    has a small forward zippered compartment with 4 elastic loops for 4 spare
    "AA" batteries & a pouch just large enough for 1 or 2 spare CF cards.
    That's usually all I carry & if I need a tripod in the field I just get
    creative, use the 2 sec. self timer & rest the camera on something stable.
    Have balanced it on the rim of a glass, cup, you name it, the self timer
    reduces the chance of camera shake from pressing the shutter button.

    Sorry I got a bit carried away but I hope some of this was useful to
    you.

    Respectfully, DHB

    DHB, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Traveling