  1. Norm

    Norm Guest

    Any suggestions for good lens cleaner

    Norm, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Norm

    wayne Guest

    wayne, Sep 28, 2004

  3. The best lens cleaner is clean dry air. Like from a ear syringe.

    Next would include a clean soft brush (camel hair is suggested) or the
    torn edge of a fresh lens issue used as a brush.

    Following that would be a genital breath to dampen the lens followed by
    a clean lens tissue. Note: many people like the microfiber cloths, but I
    don't like them because the are seldom going to stay really clean and one
    hard particle can cause damage.

    Last would be the use of a commercial lens cleaning fluid and lens
    tissue.

    At all times it is best to use the least aggressive tool for the job.
    Over the years I was in photo retail, I saw more lenses damaged by cleaning,
    than by other causes. Only clean if the lens really needs cleaning. Most
    of the time they don't.

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Norm

    Ken Tough Guest

    When you say 'damp', are you referring to a wet fart, or some other
    kind of genital breath?

    Ken Tough, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Norm

    Frank ess Guest

    genital breath

    to dampen the lens

    Frank ess, Sep 28, 2004
  6. Norm

    Jer Guest

    Joseph Meehan wrote:

    [...]
    Yikes!! <giggle>

    [...]

    Jer, Sep 28, 2004
  7. Ain't spell check great.

    Maybe that uncorrected advice can be used for one type of photography.
    :)

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 28, 2004
  8. Norm

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Now THAT was a true 'Freudian' slip!

    Ron Hunter, Sep 28, 2004
  9. Norm

    Shelley Otto Guest

    Most of this is sound advice Joe, well ...
    i'm not to sure about the "genital breath" lol
    ~poppy

    Shelley Otto, Sep 30, 2004