    used an older SLR system in the past (Minolta SRT with Roccor Lenses). Is
    there any kind of adaptor that would allow me to use the Minolta lenses on
    the digital Rebel, even if it only works in manual mode??? Please advise

    Stuart Gold, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Stuart Gold

    stan Guest

    Not that I am aware of. How many lenses do you have? If you only have one or two
    Minolta lenses, you might be better off spending the extra $100 and buy the Digital
    Rebel Kit which comes with a lens.

    stan, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Stuart Gold

    PhotoMan Guest

    Nope. The only real choice you have (which I did) is to buy a T-Mount to EOS
    adapter and then choose and buy T-Mount lenses, which will then focus to
    infinity. One of the things I did which is really great was to then use a
    Leica Screw Mount to T-Mount adapter, and now I use various enlarger lenses
    for SUPER macro work.
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Stuart Gold

    Peter Guest

    I have a great collection of Canon FD lenes - does anyone know if I will be
    able to use these with the digital Rebel?

    Peter, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Stuart Gold

    PhotoMan Guest

    There are a few makers of Canon FD to EOS adapters, but most don't contain
    optical glass elements which are needed if you wish to be able to achieve
    infinity focus. The ones that do have the glass elements have a
    multiplication factor of about 1.5X, which, for example makes an FD 50mm ƒ
    1.4 lens into an effective 75mm ƒ2 optic. The T-Mount adapters I refer to in
    an earlier reply in this thread don't contain any glass, and DO allow
    infinity focus. It's all related to lens 'back focus'.
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Nov 21, 2003
  6. See: http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm
    The lens-mount-to-film-plane register for Minolta MD is 43.50mm and for
    Canon EOS is 44.00mm. Any adapter that would allow infinity focus would
    have to contain optics (image degrading) and would affect an additional
    "multiplier" effect.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Or buy a Nikon-EOS adapter and use Nikon lenses ;-)

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Nov 21, 2003
  8. Stuart Gold

    PhotoMan Guest

    Hey - didn't think of that. Great idea, but will they focus to infinity?
    Joe

    PhotoMan, Nov 21, 2003
  9. Stuart Gold

    jean Guest

    Or a T-mount to EOS adapter and any cheap T-mount manual lenses if you are
    not too picky about quality of the pictures altough you would be surprised
    at what you can do with old equipment..

    Jean

    jean, Nov 21, 2003
  10. Stuart Gold

    PhotoMan Guest

    Hi Jean - your reply includes my earlier post in this thread which says
    exactly what you do. ???
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Nov 21, 2003
  11. Yup it will focus to infinity, and unlike the Nikon DSLR's, it will
    meter through *any* lens mounted.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Nov 21, 2003
  12. Stuart Gold

    PhotoMan Guest

    Yeah - just set the camera to AV, and the meter will set the appropriate
    shutter speed for the light allowed by the lens. Will the adapter allow the
    Nikon lens to stop down, or is there no link needed on the adapter for that
    purpose. (Don't remember much from my Nikon days!).
    Joe

    PhotoMan, Nov 21, 2003
  13. Stuart Gold

    jean Guest

    Ooops, just noticed that. I have a few T-mount lenses I used on my Canon
    FTb ranging from 28mm to 500mm as well as a bellows I adapted to fit the
    Drebel. The 500mm (a Vivitar f6,3) becomes an 800mm lens on the Drebel and
    while it is not Canon L glass, for the few times I use it, it's OK. I don't
    have any T-mount enlarger lenses but it's fun trying all kinds of things
    with that camera.

    Jean

    PS with so many people buying Drebels, it's going to push old lens prices up
    ;-)

    jean, Nov 22, 2003
  14. Stuart Gold

    PhotoMan Guest

    I have a few T-mount lenses I used on my Canon

    I was thinking the same thing. I've done a few searches for T-Mount lenses
    without much luck except for the 500mm cats. I still have a Pentax screw
    mount to Canon FD adapter that allows infinity focus on Canon bodies, and
    would like to find the same for EOS, but no luck yet. Ever hear of one?

    BTW - the enlarger lenses are Leica screw mount, but can be adapted to the
    T-mount thread with an adapter ring. Magnification is controlled with
    varying lengths of Leica thread extension tubes - a really great way to get
    almost microscopic images.
    Joe

    PhotoMan, Nov 22, 2003
  15. From: http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm
    Pentax Screw: 45.46mm
    Canon FD: 42.00mm
    Canon EOS: 44.00mm
    Nikon F: 46.50mm

    The Nikon-EOS adapter is 2.5mm thin, a Pentax-EOS adapter could be only
    1.5mm. Its doubtful that one could exist.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Nov 24, 2003
  16. Stuart Gold

    NESTEGARD Guest

    Yah, someone makes an adapter for screw mount Pentax lenses to EOS. I have
    several, mail ordered them somewhere. B&H maybe? I primarily use a bellows
    Takumar and a Takumar semi-fisheye on my Canon A2, and will use them on my
    DRebel when I get one. Tried it out at a dealer and it works in manual
    exposure mode only, but that will be good enough.

    NESTEGARD, Nov 24, 2003
  17. It will allow the Nikon lens to stop-down, which is required to meter at
    anything other than max aperture. And, of course, the lens must be
    stopped-down before exposure.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Nov 24, 2003
  18. Stuart Gold