Lenovo to offer Linux on laptops

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mutlley, Aug 7, 2007.

  1. Mutlley

    Mutlley Guest

    Mutlley, Aug 7, 2007

  2. Still, Dell has set the precedent with its USD50 price difference. Lenovo
    will look like money-grubbing scrooges if they don't answer that.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 7, 2007

  3. Mutlley

    Gordon Guest

    Ms Penguin has just come in and is delighted at this news. Now, in a
    commerical area, Dell and Lenovo (IBM in disguise) are about to go head
    to head.

    BTW, Linux (OSS) is not free as in beer, but as in speech. My next laptop
    will have nothing or Linux installed on it. Getting rid of MS OS takes
    time and effort.

    Gordon, Aug 10, 2007