    No wonder Kodak is trying to go heavilly into digital...it's a field where the
    consumer will have to re-invest every couple of years just to stay current.

    argon

    Argon3, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Argon3

    Kimberlee Guest

    Have you done an online search for a class action suit against Olympus?
    The same thing happened with the stereo my husband bought for me. The CD
    loader was guaranteed to fail in a year; unfortunately, no one knew that at
    the time of purchase and it took a class action suit against Aiwa to move
    them into fixing things.
    I don't blame you for being slightly (miffed).
    ~Kimbrlee

    : Say, if the Oly E10 and E20 are reputed to be suceptible to shutter
    failure
    : after so many thousand exposures, what has Olympus done with the E1?
    : I speak as an E10 owner who feels SLIGHTLY pissed that he laid down some
    bucks
    : for a camera that's destined to crash in the future and be damn near
    un-fixable
    : while I have thirty year old Nikon bodies that are still going strong with
    an
    : occaisional clean-lube-adjust at the repair depot.
    : I guess that one must assume that the equipment will be SO superior in a
    couple
    : of years that we will all be happy to dump our current gear and eat the
    expense
    : to get our hands on the LATEST THING so mean-time-to-failure doesn't mean
    much.
    : (At least not to Olympus)
    : No wonder Kodak is trying to go heavilly into digital...it's a field where
    the
    : consumer will have to re-invest every couple of years just to stay
    current.
    :
    : argon

    Kimberlee, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Argon3

    Ron&Joyce Guest

    I own a E20 and have never heard about the shutter failer problem. Now you
    have me worried. I left Nikon because they had a problem with the on off
    switch on the CP 950. After the warranty expired with Nikon it cost me
    $250.00 each time to send in and have fixed. After the third time I said no
    more and bought the E20 mostly because it looked and felt like a real camera
    ..

    Ron&Joyce, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Argon3

    Ron Guest

    And, who of us poor people have the money to shell out many $100's every
    couple of years on a new camera? I have a Nikon CP950 with intermittent
    focus problems. The repair will cost about $200 (still deciding what to do).
    On the other hand, my built-like-a-tank 1977 era Nikon F2A works perfectly
    and was repaired once for under $100. This is a case where gee-whiz
    technology is proving to be VERY costly.
    -Ron
    (email: replace 'abuse' with 'cyberguy3k')

    Ron, Dec 12, 2003