    cable and am trying, obviously , to connect them such that I can learn WAN
    protocols ; could someone post the most *SIMPLE* of commands for setting up
    ppp or hldc ? many thanks ....

    barrett bonden, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Assuming they are coming out of a default setup?

    int ser 0
    no shutdown

    Default is for encapsulation HDLC. You might want to set the clock
    speed (although default should work by default) on the port, and
    probably an IP address if you are using numbered interfaces.

    PPP only adds on more line if you aren't doing multilink or authentication.
    encapsulation ppp

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 3, 2005