LCD TVs--No longer disappointed

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Man Behind The Curtain, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. The Human Adventure Continues:

    I went into another store that had the same TV (Sharp AQUOS LC-45GD6U
    45" LCD) and asked for a demonstration with my same DVD. This time the
    picture was smashing.

    This sales clerk also seemed to know a lot more than the ones at the
    other store. At least, he didn't have to disappear into the back room
    for five minutes at a time while trying to set it up, every time he
    reached a point where he was confoozed.

    Anyway, the video did not have the flicker this time when the camera
    panned, or at least if it did, it was BARELY noticible, no more so than
    plasma. The clerk said the other store probably had the player set to
    "composite." I believe they asked me how I wanted it set up and
    stressed they would NOT set it up to composite, but rather "component,"
    or something like that. He said maybe so, but perhaps they did have it
    set up wrong and didn't know it. Being how technically familiar they
    seemed to be with the equipment, I wouldn't be surprised.

    He also showed me HDMI settings, to get an even better picture. Now I
    have another thing to learn about. Sheesh, it never stops.... :)

    But at least I know the Sharp really doesn't blow. It even looked good
    playing VHS tapes on a JVC.

    (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Jul 8, 2005

  2. The Man Behind The Curtain

    Tarkus Guest

    Heh. :)

    Tarkus, Jul 8, 2005

  3. The Man Behind The Curtain

    Brent Geery Guest

    Why not just get a nice DLP front projector?

    Brent Geery, Jul 8, 2005
  4. The Man Behind The Curtain

    Lookingglass Guest

    I couldn't figure why you weren't happy with the LCD... I weighed all the
    pros and cons and the Aquos was the one for me... all that great display and
    light weight too. It's not perfect but it will do till they improve it...
    after all, it's only TV.

    Glad you are pleased with it...

    dave...................... www.Shemakhan.com

    Lookingglass, Jul 9, 2005
  5. The Man Behind The Curtain

    Mike Guest

    love LCD now.. far better to watch DVD on than CRT and more relaxing to
    watch for long periods.. the contrast still not quite as good as CRT though
    but I can live with that for the true to life picture it gives.. just like
    being there!

    Mike

    Mike, Jul 10, 2005
  6. Is it three inches thick?

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Jul 10, 2005