    http://makeashorterlink.com/?X15D5197A
    basically the three advantages of LCD are space saving, sharper picture and
    easier on the eyes due to less glare.

    lbbss, Feb 14, 2005

  2. lbbss

    Scraggy Guest

    Right click on desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Read & Adjust DPI
    Settings.

    Scraggy, Feb 14, 2005

  3. You can't change the native resolution, but you can use a different
    resolution. Normally it won't look very good.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 14, 2005
  4. lbbss

    Jamco Guest

    a couple things, I have a 17" lcd, and it works excellent at lower then
    native resolutions...I think this problem of looking like crap at lower
    resolutions mostly applies to older lcds.

    Other thing to keep in mind a 20 inch LCD is 20" viewable, and a 20" CRT is
    only 19" viewable, so the image will be a bit bigger on the LCD

    Jamco, Feb 14, 2005
  5. lbbss

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed to 24hshd

    For CAD work wouldn't it be better sticking with a CRT, for less money
    you get the same resolution, better quality display , color temperature
    etc. All of that usually costs less then the similar spec LCD.
    <snip>

    Assuming it's a Windows based OS.

    Display Properties / Appearance / Item / Icon , set the size. There are
    lots of options, in the item list.

    Me

    why?, Feb 14, 2005
  6. lbbss

    kenny Guest

    on XP, right click on the desktop> properties>appearance>effects>
    USE LARGE ICONS

    Kenny

    kenny, Feb 14, 2005
  7. lbbss

    me Guest

    I am considering switch from a trinitron to a Dell UltraSharp 2001FP 20"
    I have worked on a 20" trinitron previously and also found it unusable at
    1600x1200 due to readability issues, but you won't have these issues with
    LCD.
    Viewable area will be larger (compared to a 20" CRT), the monitor can be
    positioned closer and definition & sharpness will be crisp. Icons & text
    will be easily readable at this resolution. Try and see one in action (any
    20" LCD) to get an idea, or take a look at a decent laptop which run these
    resolutions (and higher) on an even smaller LCD!

    me, Feb 14, 2005