    the exam. WIth the layout I mean if it contains only questions or if it
    contains a combination of questions and simulations.

    Regards,

    Urvin, Jun 19, 2008

  2. I cannot comment directly on the -649 (I took the 640, 642, and 643),
    however, my advice would be this:

    ALWAYS be prepared for the possibility of simulations.

    First, there's nothing that prevents the question pool from being modified
    at any time.

    Second, what I may have seen on an exam is no indication of what others may
    or may not see.

    Third, the certification process =presumes= that you have practical
    experience in working with the product. Therefore, if you don't know the
    product well enough to perform simulations without having to worry about
    whether there are simulations or not -- then you might need more experience
    with the product.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-649.mspx

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jun 19, 2008

  3. Urvin

    EddieMCSE Guest

    Urvin,

    The test is divided in 3 sections, as this is an update test you need to
    complete and pass all sections, the layout is the traditional from past
    MCSA\MCSE tests.
    the test was 49 questions divided in 20 -20- 9
    the exams included are:
    70-640 Windows Server 2008 Acive Directory (9 questions)
    70-642 Windows Server 2008 Network INfrastructure, Configuring (20 Questions)
    70-643 Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring (20
    Questions)
    After been through the test I discovered that Microsoft did a great job
    putting this test together as they carefully test you on the new features
    that AD, the actual Server 2008 and inovated security strategies are
    available as well as testing you in differinciating between 2003 and 2008.

    you need to be very familiar with the features and the olf features

    Examples: *- Read OPnly Doman Controllers (RODC)
    *- Netowrk Access Protection (NAP)
    *- IIS 7.0
    *- Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
    for morte information I suggest you to go to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-649.mspx

    and practice in a lab as much as you can in order to master the objectives,
    that is the best way to beat the test

    my test results:
    70-640 1000
    70-642 1000