    all dual nic teamed.

    Just curious if anyone else is having this delima and how they figured
    out how to make it into a reliable design.

    crackerman6969, Jul 23, 2009

  2. crackerman6969

    Trendkill Guest

    Doesn't the current version of VM support vmotion over layer
    3....thought I read that somewhere. Other than that, your options are
    limited. Keep the existing model and extend fiber between the two
    access pairs for that one private vlan is probably the least
    intrusive, as starting to run spanning-tree defeats your distributed
    layer 3 model. Long term, vss/vpc will be the answer. Or move some
    of the non vmotion connections to the second pair, freeing up
    individual ports for vmotion that you can run back to the original
    pair. Of course this gets tough if you have structured cabling.

    Trendkill, Jul 23, 2009

  3. vmotion is a layer 2 protocol only. This is primarily why cisco is
    preaching vpc's.

    crackerman6969, Aug 27, 2009