    Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the above?
    Anything new?

    DP

    John Smith, Mar 29, 2007

  2. John Smith

    Yoshi Guest

    For sharpening, I've had good results with a program called Focus Magic:
    www.focusmagic.com
    For noise, I still like PictureCode's Noise Ninja:
    http://www.picturecode.com/

    I'm not sure if these are the latest, but they have been working well for
    me.

    Yoshi

    Yoshi, Mar 29, 2007

  3. John Smith

    Ken Lucke Guest

    Noiseware Professional
    http://www.imagenomic.com/

    Nik Sharpener Pro 2.0
    http://www.niksoftware.com/sharpenerpro/usa/entry.php

    ....and for enlarging/reducing,
    Alien Skin Blow Up - I find it's even better than Genuine Fractals.
    http://www.alienskin.com/blowup/index.html

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Mar 29, 2007
  4. Interesting, and exactly the pair I'm using for those functions. You
    must be very smart :) :) !

    But, like you, I have no idea of the state of the competition, so,
    really, my data point is worth not so much.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Mar 31, 2007
  5. John Smith

    ray Guest

    noise ninja is, according to many, the gold standard.

    ray, Mar 31, 2007
  6. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    I bought that one last year, but am wondering if there are any new
    developments/approaches out there.

    DP

    John Smith, Apr 1, 2007

  7. There are several excellent sharpening filters in PD Pro, and some
    awesome ones too in the blurring department.

    http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/demozone has a demo version, try
    it out (PC only, use with Parallels for Mac and Windows if you're on
    MacIntel). I've had comments from Photoshop users saying that they
    prefer to use the resample and sharpen tools found in Project
    Dogwaffle Professional. I don't use Photoshop so I don't know really
    how different they are. Irfanview is another one I use. www.irfanview.com
    - very fast.

    Here's a composition I just did in PD Pro: http://www.thebest3d.com/music/returntostonehenge
    - some parts of photos and 3D reconstructions and some is painted and
    post work filters, lens flares,...

    forgetonlymemory, Apr 1, 2007