    Australia
    sometimes children are blessed with their parents abilities :D

    i wonder if these lasers can do depth etching...

    unholy, Nov 26, 2005

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My oldest son...

    ...is very artistic. He gets that from his mom, and she got it from her dad. I have no artistic drawing ability. I make up for that by being a wise ass. :D

    bigal, Nov 26, 2005

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Poor guy, I gotz me both, wise ass and artistic talents. I must be blessed. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 26, 2005
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    ........or.......

    .......cursed. You knew that was coming!

    By the way, Ian agreed to increase the number of images you can insert into one posting. It's gone from 4 to 8. Thanks Ian!:D

    bigal, Nov 26, 2005
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i have 2 talents, but i dont know why it would help modding. I can put my arm behind my head via dislicating my shoulder and i am very good at solving mathimatical Problems.

    The shoulder thing might help if i need to get into the dirt and grime of a old case :D

    unholy, Nov 27, 2005
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hehehe, dislicating... hehe. :)

    Apparantly you're good at DISLOCATING your tongue from the English language too. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 27, 2005
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i neva seid i wasn't :p

    i think als see apicture of my weird arm :D (i posted one on UBPC, a while ago)

    unholy, Nov 28, 2005
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Weird arm?

    The Modfather, Nov 28, 2005
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Back on topic...

    Hey, I received my custom laser-etched windows yesterday! They look great. I'll be working on a review soon.....

    bigal, Dec 3, 2005
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Never post that you've got something, espescially a modded part, without having the photos! That's like Rule #1. Tsk Tsk!

    The Modfather, Dec 3, 2005
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    *gets out the ye olde beating stick*...

    ---V
    [​IMG]

    unholy, Dec 3, 2005
  12. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well....

    ...the opening process pictures are in the camera still. I'll be doing a review on the windows, so I don't want to post too many and give away all the goodness before the review comes out. Problem is that right now I'm under a work deadline, and I'm working at home this weekend.

    bigal, Dec 4, 2005
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    So? Pics! We want Pics!

    And Unholy, isn't that ozone layer just a bit too thick? Shouldn't there be a hole in it? :)

    The Modfather, Dec 4, 2005
  14. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    unholy, Dec 5, 2005
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh...

    ....you wanted a picture right now. Well, this one was taken about 10 minutes ago. Careful you don't smear the ink.

    ][​IMG]

    bigal, Dec 5, 2005
  16. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    That's sweet Al, real sweet.

    As usual I don't understand what Unholy is saying so I'll just smile and nod. But I must point out that the hole in the ozone layer is actually over Antarctica, not North America, thus, Australia is much much closer to it than the U.S.

    The Modfather, Dec 5, 2005
  17. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    agaggagaga boogaoaoaora.

    hehe nice al :D

    unholy, Dec 5, 2005
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Boogaoaoaora? Hmm, somehow I'm not entirely convinced that that isn't an actual Australian word. I mean I've heard some of the things you folks name things down there and it just wouldn't surprise me.

    By the way, WTF ever happened to XhArD?

    The Modfather, Dec 5, 2005
  19. bigal

    Agita

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Hello
    I joined this forum just because of this thread.

    I'm building a mod case out of a old server tower thats about 2 & 1/2 foot tall

    Have no sides for the case front or back so I wanted to go acrylic.
    And what better than a laser etched custom.

    Hope you don't mind me jumping in

    Edit: Just realized what this site is about and read your review.
    My bad

    Where you guys from?

    Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
    Agita, Nov 15, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Welcome Agita. I'm just north of you in Northern Virgina. Go up I-95 to the beltway near Washington DC and you are close to me.

    It sounds like you need some help getting the sides and top laser-etched in Plexiglas. Try contacting Tommy at Hyperkore computers and ask him what is possible. You will need to send him a few pictures of your current case configuration, and also your ideas about the sizes of Plexiglas you need etched. He has some maximum sizes, and I currently don't know what those limits are (its due to the laser etching machine). Here's the link:

    (for the home page) http://www.hyperkore.com/
    (use to contact Tommy at Hyperkore) http://www.hyperkore.com/etching/custom.html

    Tell Tommy that Bigal recommended Hyperkore and I'm sure he will do his best to help you out.

    By the way, check out my latest mod project, using a laser-etched window from Hyperkore here:

    http://www.fastlanehw.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24461#post24461

    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Nov 16, 2006