    Location:
    Australia
    hehe true, actually see if u can rumpage through to find anything that could be given away. :D

    unholy, Nov 20, 2005

  2. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Oh, I have stuff I can give away, no doubt about that. But the thing is, do I wanna do it? If I were in your position, able to get new hardware to review, I'd have no problem giving it away as prizes and so forth. You keep telling me you'll try to set me up but so far... <Shrug> If you've got any contacts with Corsair and OCZ like ya said, hook me up man, I'll write reviews here and on my site and so forth, not a problem. And I can actually do it without having an editor and proofreader re-do my work. :)

    Actually, one of my real world jobs is as the proofreader for our local town newspaper. Now that's scary huh? :)

    The Modfather, Nov 20, 2005

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Proof's in the pudding...

    ....now explain where that old saying came from, and we'll take your word without question from now on. You will become a legend here at Velocity Reviews! Think of it. No more pestering by the minions.

    bigal, Nov 20, 2005
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You want to know the origin of the expression "The Proof is in the pudding"? Sure, that's an easy one.

    It's originally from the 1615 novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes, in its entirety it should be "The proof of the pudding is in the eating". But others have attributed it to the 14th Century. Another possible origin is from Bileau's Le Lutrin, which read, "The proof of th' pudding's seen i' the eating." A page of pudding definitions from the Oxford English Dictionary also cites the author Boileau (Bileau) as the first to use the phrase. So it seems likely that the phrase dates back to the 1600s, though the identity of its author is disputed.

    It means basically what it says, in other words, it's self-evident. To the British, pudding means the same as dessert in the US. The point of the term is that one cannot determine how good a dessert will be during preparation or based on appearance. How good a dessert will be can only be determined by the final taste.

    Well, I guess that does away with the minions. Doesn't leave me anyone to talk to though, how boring. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 20, 2005
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    *steps back slowly* whoah this english battle is getting intense :D

    unholy, Nov 20, 2005
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh the....

    ....power of Google! You don't think he pulled that out of his head, do you?

    bigal, Nov 21, 2005
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    of course he did, hes the oh power modfather :D

    unholy, Nov 21, 2005
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Actually a bit of both. I knew these facts but I didn't know things like the exact dates. I knew for instance that the phrase was popularized from Don Quixote, but didn't know the publication date.

    The Modfather, Nov 21, 2005
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe i told u hes the english god.

    unholy, Nov 21, 2005
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    No No, I'm more like JBL... I .. AM .. A .. WRESTLING .. GOD!

    Ok, I'm also a modding God and a sex God and a computer God and an art God, aw hell, I'm just God, deal with it. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 22, 2005
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i neva knew modfather was such a god :p

    unholy, Nov 22, 2005
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, I know, I scare myself sometimes. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 23, 2005
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    stop scaring yourself its evil :|

    unholy, Nov 24, 2005
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes, but I'm not a big girl when I'm evil like some people. :)

    Ok, back to laser etching windows. How's that going?

    The Modfather, Nov 24, 2005
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Back on track...

    ...er....getting back to the windows issue, we'll be seeing what Hyperkore can produce pretty soon.

    bigal, Nov 24, 2005
  16. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Lookin' forward to it, what's the pattern? What's it gonna look like?

    The Modfather, Nov 24, 2005
  17. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well....

    ....what image would you expect to see on a Big Al's Computer? Speedy Gonzalas?:)

    bigal, Nov 25, 2005
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well of course, silly of me not to have figured that out. Speed Gonzales, well duh! I'm such a fool. And here I was thinking it was Dilbert! DOH!

    The Modfather, Nov 25, 2005
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    One is a secret...

    .....and number two window is Albert Einstein, drawn in pencil by my son for the official "Big Al's computers" logo.

    [​IMG]

    bigal, Nov 25, 2005
  20. bigal

    The Modfather