    I dumped them to my laptop. But I would rather not bring that. Also, the
    ones I've seen don't work with XD cards. I know there is an adapter. Also,
    where did you buy it.

    Larry, Feb 10, 2004

  2. You are in the same spot as a film camera photographer. The cards are
    much like film, only you can reuse them.

    Many photoshops and internet cafes can burn CD's for you from the cards.
    I suggest you get enough cards to keep you busy between stops to burn CD's.

    At one time I would just say delete the lesser photos, but with today's
    high resolution cameras, even if you are selective a few cards will not
    retain much.

    I would suggest for anyone considering buying a high resolution digital
    camera, consider this and make sure the storage capabilities of the camera
    match your needs.

    Joseph Meehan, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Larry

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Check out an Apacer Disc Steno CP-200.

    Approx $300.

    Portable CD burner with a card reader built in.

    Rechargeable battery, AC or cigar lighter car adapter.

    Also plays DVDs.

    Plug it into your computer and it becomes a card reader, CD burner and DVD
    player.

    Olympus makes the XD adapter you want.

    Have fun, Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Larry

    Tom Nelson Guest

    Tom Nelson, Feb 10, 2004
  5. Given the company went out of business at least 6 months ago, and the unit is
    not upgradable, it might be better to go with something like an x-drive II or
    Image Tank if you just want the basic functionality.

    I bought my x-drive II from http://www.insidecomputer.com last year without a
    disk and got a used laptop 6 gig disk for it, and it works well.

    Michael Meissner, Feb 10, 2004
  6. Larry

    Larry Guest

    why did this company go out of business

    Larry, Feb 10, 2004
  7. Larry

    Stan Guest

    I just did a lot of reading and searching looking for portable digital
    storage for photos. Did this for my son who is taking a long vacation in
    the future. Wrote him an E-mail with a lot of info in the form of URLs
    he can reference.

    If you contact me with your E-mail address, I will copy you on the
    E-mail I sent my son.

    Stan

    Stan, Feb 10, 2004
  8. I know there is an adapter. Also, where did you buy it.

    I have a Nixvue memory unit that only accepts CF cards, so I bought an
    adapter that on one end mimics a CF card, and on the other end accepts
    multiple card formats (though not XD). The only decent place to buy it
    turned out to be EBay, really, and the transaction was easy and positive.
    This page shows an XD to CF adapter--you might search for it at websites
    too, if EBay doesn't look reasonable: http://tinyurl.com/2lvo6

    Douglas W. Hoyt, Feb 11, 2004