Large Prints in New York City (Manhattan)?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Andrew, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    My friend in NYC would like to have some large prints of some digital
    photos of mine. She wants 24x36, which I have printed successfully
    where I live, but I don't really want to ship them across the country
    to her. Instead, I was thinking about having them printed there and
    then she can just pick them up.

    I'm sure there are oodles of places - Manhattan would be best (I think
    she lives in mid-town). Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like a
    legitimate place but it doesn't necessarily have to be the finest pro
    lab or anything.

    Thanks,
    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    Andrew, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Andrew

    wilt Guest

    If your friend belongs to Price Club, if she has set up an on-line
    access you can log in to her site with her password, download a photo
    to her site, then order a print up to 20x30 and specify which Price
    Club location that she would visit to pay for the enlargement.

    wilt, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Andrew

    Jeremy Guest

    OFOTO/Kodak Gallery goes up to 20x30--and they will mail the print to her.
    I don't know offhand of any online printers that go bigger, but they
    probably exist.

    Jeremy, Mar 8, 2006
  4. Andrew

    SMS Guest

    No, Costco doesn't do 20x30 in-house. You order on-line and they mail
    them to you. They only go up to 12x18 ($3) for pick-up.

    SMS, Mar 8, 2006
  5. Andrew

    SMS Guest

    http://www.the-big-picture.com/

    SMS, Mar 8, 2006
  6. costco is not price club.
    however, look at costco on line.

    You order on-line and they mail

    bob crownfield, Mar 8, 2006
  7. Andrew

    Pat Guest

    Kodak has 50% off big prints until 3/9/6. 20 X 30 for $11.50.

    Pat, Mar 9, 2006
  8. Andrew

    W (winhag) Guest

    Andrew,

    There are a number of labs in Manhattan that will do this. Two are
    Dugal (most expensive), US Color lab (www.uscolorlab.com). These are
    pro labs so not cheap.
    I think if you get a single 24x36 from US color lab, it is about $100.
    You should call them to check. US Color lab uses Lightjet printers and
    their output is quite good. Another outfit is Baboo labs, but they use
    Lambda printers which tend to be not as sharp as the Lightjets.

    W (winhag), Mar 9, 2006
  9. Christopher Muto, Mar 9, 2006
  10. Andrew

    NOTvalid Guest

    see
    http://www.pephoto.com/
    I believe they do that size and delivers to
    three thousand stores in Mtero NYC area

    I get my 6x4's from them for eight cents.
    8 x 10 are $1.24
    they also do laminating etc which I have not used

    and speaking of frugal:
    Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
    Works as prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or cell
    phone. Compare the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com/ No monthly fee or
    minimum. Use Promotion/SuiteTreat Code:
    "FREEoffer23" for FREE time.
    Altho from USA payphones there is a surcharge, there is NONE from
    Canadian payphones.

    NOTvalid, Mar 12, 2006