    baaab Guest

    I have a new 20" flat panel monitor, certain clour patters flicker. Set to
    60Mhz (recommended).

    baaab, Apr 13, 2005

  2. baaab

    JANA Guest

    I would think you mean that the refresh rate is set to 60 Hz, not 60 mHz.

    Do you have another computer to try it on, just to verify that the fault is
    not with the display card?

    The screen can flicker if the lamp, and or there is a defect in the ballast
    supply, or main power supply. You should take the monitor back to have it
    properly checked.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 13, 2005

  3. baaab

    WienerDog Guest

    I had that same problem with my 17 inch LCD monitor. The problem why it
    does that is due to the video card having trouble to catch up with the LCD
    monitor. I set the mhz on the video card to 75 hertz and the problem went
    away. set your LCD monitor at 1280 x 1024 and you won't see the flickering.

    WienerDog (Dachshunds are my favorite dogs)

    WienerDog, Apr 14, 2005
  4. baaab

    WienerDog Guest

    It is the video card that is causing the problem or interference from
    magnetic waves in the house.

    WienerDog (Dachshunds are my favorite pets)

    WienerDog, Apr 14, 2005