Laptop with Bluetooth cant see Nokia Phone

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Janet, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Janet

    Janet Guest

    Please help. I have spend days trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

    I have a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook S6120D (which has a Bluetooth sticker next to the centrino one) and a Nokia 6230 and just go my new 62301. I can pair the phones with a Bluetooth headset ok - so I know the phones are working ok.

    However, in Control Panel, there is NO option for Bluetooth Devices. There is an on/off switch on the back of the laptop for BT. (and I get the comforting 'ding dong' when I use it). Clicking, Start, Connect To, and choosing 'all connections' shows a BT USB Dongle (network). Status: Cable Unplugged.

    FJ machines are shipped with either Widcomm or s/w called Plug Free. I got Plug Free which FJ have told me is NOT compatible with Nokia (helpful) and the Nokia s/w called PC suite refuses to see the phone. Neither FJ or Nokia will help and the laptop and phones are STILL under warranty. Plug Free will pair with the phone - but not for any useful functions - only the following - when I click other services the Nokia PC Suite show - I can choose it and click 'connect and add' but nothing happens.
    OBEX File transfer,
    Dial Up networking,
    Serial,
    OBEX push.

    When I click other services the Nokia PC Suite show - I can choose it and click 'connect and add' but nothing happens.

    When I right click on the Nokia PC Suite icon in system tray, choose About and system info: this is the info:

    Operating system:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Build 2600
    Service Pack 2

    Bluetooth stack:
    Microsoft Bluetooth stack
    Version 5.1.2600.2180

    According to Nokia website - the BT stacks needed include the MS Windows BT stack - so all SHOULD work - BUT IT DOESN'T. I have searched the Microsoft, FJ and Nokia sites for a solution, rang Fujitsu and Nokia - and no help at all.

    I hope to get a reply soon.

    Many thanks.

    Janet, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Janet

    Newport Guest

    Maybe here someone can help you alt.celular.bluetooth
    good luck

    Newport, Apr 8, 2006