Laptop WinXP pro - Linksys WCG200 - PC Win2k pro

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Tim Fickes, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. Tim Fickes

    Tim Fickes Guest

    Feeling like an idiot here...

    Replaced rental cable modem with new Linksys WCG200.

    Plugged in pc (Win2K pro), able to reach internet.

    New WinXP pro is laptop with wireless, able to reach internet.
    ***********************

    Just can't figure out how to see C:\ on Win2k from laptop to copy over
    files.

    On PC I've shared the C:\ drive, set permissions to everyone, but can't see
    it in neighborhood from laptop...

    Laptop is basically untouched as far as settings, it is a Dell straight out
    of the box.

    PC is Win2k pro running Norton Internet Security 2003.

    Tried disabling NIS, still can't see PC from laptop...

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Tim Fickes, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Tim Fickes

    Guest Guest

    Have you tried to disable the XP firewalls on both
    machines ?

    Guest, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Tim Fickes

    Tim Fickes Guest

    That seems to have done it someway, somehow...

    Tim Fickes, Jul 29, 2004