    suddenly it will just shut down with no warning, whats causing this?

    milo
    --

    milo, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Right click on the desktop, goto properties. Click on the Screensaver
    tab, and then power. Look at the settings there. I have one of my PCs
    (that I use for surfing and newsgroup access, IRC etc) has it set to
    shut down automatically after 2 hours of non use, since I frequently
    fall asleep without turning it off.
    --

    There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
    Do not attempt to adjust your settings.

    Please stand by.

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 1, 2005

  3. milo

    milo Guest

    thanks, tried that but still does it after a few minuts loading, its not
    that
    old either

    i do notice it does get hot, is that normal for a laptop?

    milo

    milo, Jan 1, 2005
  4. milo wrote:

    Hmm, that's the most common reason why. It could be a lose connection
    somewhere, or a broken adapter.

    It depends how "hot" you mean. It could be a setting in your BIOS that when
    your laptop reaches a certain temperature it will shut down. My computer
    is set so that if the temperature reaches 70 degrees Celcuis an alarm
    will sound, and if it reaches 80 (like, say I'm not around to hear it)
    it will just turn off the power straight away.

    Turn on your laptop and when it's counting the RAM (or the Compaq /
    Gateway / Dell logo appears) press F11, Delete or whatever it says
    (usually something like "Press F11 to enter SETUP). Have a look for
    power management options and see if anything is set there.

    If that doesn't work, get back to me :)

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 1, 2005
  5. milo

    John Holmes Guest

    milo came up with this:
    cpu-fan?

    John Holmes, Jan 1, 2005
  6. milo

    Hail-Machete

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Help?

    My computer is doing about the same thing as Milo's, except whenever I'm tying to work on a picture or I have teo programs open at once it goes *fart noise* and just shuts off, completely pulverising whatever work I was doing. I've never had tis problem before, and I'd like to know what's wrong.

    Hail-Machete, Oct 4, 2007
  7. milo

    starbaby64

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Laptop

    My laptop keeps shutting down on its own.Do you know why?

    starbaby64, Jan 10, 2010
  8. milo

    Wearbe

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have been having the same problems. I wrote to Acer and got this reply:

    In order to resolve the issue please do a recovery using the rcd.

    Please follow the link in order to resolve the issue.
    (forum forced link removal)

    Note: Make sure to take back up of your machine as there will be a possible data loss.

    Please follow the link in order to purchase the RCD.
    (forum forced link removal)

    Recovery disc charge would be $19.95

    Note: There would be a data loss if you are using RCD. So please take back up of your data before you do a recovery. To take a back up, you can contact Answers by Acer which is a paid support or else you can take the system to any local store nearby

    Otherwise contact out "Answers by Acer" on 1-800-237-6483 at a rate of $2.95 per minute with the slots 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year which can be billed to a credit card.

    For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site
    (forum forced link removal)

    Thank you for contacting Acer,

    Have a great day!

    Wearbe, Mar 19, 2010