    I have connected a CRT monitor and that one works without any problems.

    Best regards,

    Markus

    Markus, Apr 12, 2006

  2. The backlight is probably broken.

    Roger Jansson, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Markus

    Markus Guest

    Could it be that the cable just fell off/got loose, while the monitor
    whiped back and forth due to carrying?

    Markus, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Markus

    Markus Guest

    Could it be that the cable just fell off/got loose, while the monitor
    swung back and forth due to carrying?

    Markus, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Markus

    Supersano Guest

    <Piggybacked>

    Look for the buttons that control the screen brightness. I almost tossed
    a freebee laptop 'cause I accidently ticked the controls down to
    nothing.

    Supersano, Apr 12, 2006
  6. Markus

    Markus Guest

    I tried that already. It controls the screen - I can see that.
    It must be something with the backlight.

    Markus, Apr 12, 2006
  7. Markus

    Dan Evans Guest

    BUggered backlight. If it's not still under warrenty or a shit hot machine,
    you'll probably be as well to bin it. I had a laptop do the same thing a
    couple of months ago and nearly shat when they told me how much it would
    cost to repair.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 13, 2006
  8. Markus

    Meat Plow Guest

    Sounds like the display has lost its cathode voltage. However the device
    that suppies it is part of the LCD assembly. Replace the LCD.

    Meat Plow, Apr 13, 2006
  9. Markus

    Meat Plow Guest

    It's a possibility.

    Meat Plow, Apr 13, 2006
  10. Markus

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Meat Plow spewed forth:
    Not always - some have inverters that are a separate component.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 13, 2006
  11. Markus

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Dan Evans spewed forth:
    Last year the backlight went out on my Sony laptop. I was in no position to
    replace it, so I found a shop in Los Angeles that repaired the LCD...cost
    near $200. But I'm still going strong on that repaired unit. The laptop is
    now only worth about $500, but it gets me by <g>

    Toolman Tim, Apr 13, 2006
  12. Markus

    Dan Evans Guest

    Mine was a peice of shit Airis that was making do after the Toshiba got
    nicked. It had a dodgy fan, the battery was knackered (?230 to fix) and then
    the dog got caught up in the charger and dragged the whole thing onto the
    deck and shagged the backlight.

    It's in the van with a Lilliput 7" touchscreen being used for stock in/out,
    mp3's instead of the radio, GPS, and showing off.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 13, 2006
  13. Markus

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Dan Evans spewed forth:
    Nice! I've always that would be a fun thing to do.

    When the backlight was out on this Sony, I had it hooked up as a print
    server (my desktop was on the blink at the same time - motherboard PCI bus
    failed - had no I/O). Didn't need the display for that - just needed
    something over where the desktop belonged so my really REALLY old laptop
    could still print <g>. I think that was a 700 MHz Dogg...err...Dell...

    Toolman Tim, Apr 14, 2006