    pro ?

    Thank you
    Domenic

    Domenic, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Domenic

    why? Guest

    No trusts sounds like a good idea. If it's the same company it's
    possible to setp a master WINS server, AD to create trusts like that.
    Yes and No.

    Yes - Netswitcher
    http://www.netswitcher.com/

    Has been mentioned in 24HSHD
    before, try looking.

    No - If you need to join a domain you need the account privilege to be
    able to join a domain.

    Read the notes on the Netswitcher site. It's a simple right to setup but
    the domain admins granting you the right is another issue. Note - it's a
    Windows issue not a netswitcher issue.

    See Q1 and 2 of the FAQ
    http://www.netswitcher.com/v3_faq.htm

    Me

    why?, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Domenic

    Domenic Guest

    What about hardware profiles?
    If I create another one with a new domain to logon to will the first profile
    retain the
    original domain ?

    Domenic, Jan 29, 2007
  4. I cannot physically see a reason how creating a new domain would alter the original one, so I think you should be fine. :)

    Warmest Regards,
    Dan

    Daniel Anderson, Jan 30, 2007
  5. Domenic

    why? Guest

    What, shudder new criteria.....

    What about hardware profiles? Actually more like what about which
    hardware profile, Win or Netswitcher? Would guess you haven't tried NS
    or NS RTFM yet so you mean Win HW Profile.
    You set a per domain profile, you can even select different nics per
    profile.

    That would be the point of any profile, multiple profiles with different
    settings.

    http://www.netswitcher.com/product_info.htm
    It presents them on one menu and allows the saving and restoring of
    those setups. No more hunting through the Windows control panels looking
    for every last setting that needs to be changed. Now you can just select
    a new setup with a click of the mouse, and be off-and-running with your
    new connection.

    or the yahoo discussion group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/netswitcher/join

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Domenic

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:15:01 GMT, Daniel Anderson wrote:

    Removed ugly HTML posting in a text only newsgroup. Besides what's the
    point of a 62 line post when it's only for 5 lines. Imagine how much
    extra bandwidth is required if everybody did that.
    Except for the big warning in the FAQ and during configuration that
    changing a domain without domain join rights stops 1 getting back into a
    domain.
    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2007
  7. Domenic

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    The bottom line, if the OP doesn't have Domain Admin rights, then the OP
    is going to need someone with those rights on the domain to attach his
    machine to the network, no matter what domain the OP is trying to
    connect the machine too. The OP's not coming around that.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 30, 2007
  8. Domenic

    why? Guest

    Domain admin rights aren't required. There is a user rights assignment.
    add workstations to domain. Then again OP didn't say anything about AD
    either.
    Yes, well if anybody ignores the FAQ and the big warning panel on screen
    while configuring NS then they get what they deserve.

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2007