Laptop has a unique identifying code number -- what is this number called?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Jul 1, 2007.

  1. jebgr:

    Bu lrnu! Zhpu orggre - gunaxf!

    --

    uggc://gvalhey.pbz/2qfbef

    Yrff guna 7 uvgf qbja, naq gurer'f nabgure Ohfu "ovt-yvr!"

    [Fvflcuhf va Gur Frangr]

    uggc://jjj.zfaop.zfa.pbz/vq/19649892/fvgr/arjfjrrx/

    Rirel guvat Ohfu naq uvf nqzvavfgengvba qbrf vf nagvgurgvpny!

    (Oh...hhhuuuu...hug... Ybbx ng jung Pyvagba qbar!)

    Vs: Lbh'ir rire fnvq "Pyrna nve? Ybbxf pyrna gb zr;" be
    be lbh snk gur SOV n yvfg bs "Greebevfgf Va Zl Arvtuobeubbq;"
    be lbh fpernz "Qvg-qvg-qvggb" juvyr znxvat ybir...

    gura, lbh *zvtug* or n Pbafreingvir Evtug-Jvat Erchoyvpna!

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 8, 2007

  2. Radium

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Your public IP is not your's but your ISP's. If they want you, they can have
    you. Anyone else (without a warrant) stops at the ISP.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 8, 2007

  3. Radium

    Radium Guest

    That means if I am accessing the net form a wifi hot-spot, the IP that
    anyone will trace would be that of the hot-spot's ISP, not my ISP.
    Right?

    Radium, Jul 8, 2007
  4. Radium

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Correct. It's about time you figured that out.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 8, 2007