    Is this "number" the MAC address? Or the locally administered network
    address? Or something totally different?

    What is this number called?

    Radium, Jul 1, 2007

  2. Radium

    WhzzKdd Guest

    You again? What are you quoting there, from where, and why? Out of context
    it is rather difficult to know what the answer to the question is.

    WhzzKdd, Jul 1, 2007

  3. Radium

    Mike Easter Guest

    I'm pretty sure Whiskers has probably dropped you.

    You are all taking, sucking, but nothing positive coming back. Kinda
    like a black hole, without an event horizon where anything important is
    going on.

    Starting a new topic for the same old diatribe doesn't make it any more
    important.

    Mike Easter, Jul 1, 2007
  4. Radium

    Pennywise Guest

    Other thread delt with Mac address's.

    There is another number that is in place and ready to go, not only
    will it identify you, it will be capable of blocking you from the
    internet.

    Google: Trusted Computing (for info)
    Google: trusted computing site:slashdot.org (for technical)
    Google: trusted computing intel (that it's in the chips already)

    Keep an eye on it's progress...

    It's name? I guess Trusted Computing Platform
    http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/20252.htm

    Pennywise, Jul 1, 2007
  5. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Just tell my what this number is called!!!!!!!!!
    WTF is this number called!!!!!!!!!

    I am losing my patience!!!!
    No it isn't. You're just being silly. Stop it!!

    Radium, Jul 1, 2007
  6. Radium

    samuel Guest

    will there be a reward if found and returned

    samuel, Jul 1, 2007
  7. Radium

    Evan Platt Guest

    Tell me again why I killfiled GG'ers..

    Oh yeah. There's the evidence. :-D

    Evan Platt, Jul 1, 2007
  8. Radium

    Mitch Guest

    Is this "number" the MAC address? Or the locally administered network
    address? Or something totally different?

    What is this number called? [/QUOTE]

    Your laptop has a network processor, which has a MAC address (it
    identifies the computer as hardware on the network, sort of).

    Your laptop connected to a network has an IP number; the IP number
    tells the things connected to it where data packets go (sort of).

    Your CPU chip may have a unique ID number, which may be embedded into
    files and/or may be used in some network operations.

    Your operating system and applications may also store their IDs
    (serials) in the files they create.

    You need some focus on what it is you are trying to do before you can
    know where to research next.
    I suggest, because it seems to be what you were talking about in
    another thread, that you read a few books on networking and the TCP/IP
    stack.

    Mitch, Jul 1, 2007
  9. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    I still think that the only way this person can achieve the internet
    anonymity he seeks, is for him to stay off the internet. With any luck
    he'll bollix his hardware in a way that achieves that end :))

    Whiskers, Jul 1, 2007
  10. Radium

    WhzzKdd Guest

    The boy looks like a troll. Smells like a troll. Thick-headed like a troll.
    Just out to cause consternation with the regulars.

    "Neville, is that *you* again?"

    WhzzKdd, Jul 1, 2007
  11. Radium

    Radium Guest

    No. I am not trying to cause fear in anyone.

    I just want to sicken and outrage society -- using my text-only words
    -- without:

    1. Harming any individuals or groups -- emotionally or physically

    2. Doing anything illegal, rude or offensive or anything that maybe
    interpreted/misconstrued as illegal, rude or offensive

    3. Getting my ass kicked

    I respect individuals, groups, and the law.

    FYI, society and the law are often times on opposite ends.

    I totally respect Yahoo Groups yet I extremely disrespect yahoo chat.
    I want to pollute yahoo chat rooms with my socially-unacceptable text
    without being clobbered in return.

    Radium, Jul 6, 2007
  12. Radium

    jms Guest

    You're a nutter!

    jms, Jul 6, 2007
  13. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    'sicken and outrage' /is/ 'harm'.
    'sicken and outrage' /is/ rude, and offensive, and /will/ be construed as
    such, and may well be illegal too. That's why you want to do it; what
    would be the point otherwise?
    Coward.
    You quite clearly do nothing of the sort.
    Your society seems to be, anyway.
    Coward. You can't; get used to the idea.

    Whiskers, Jul 6, 2007
  14. Radium

    Radium Guest

    How can my activities do harm if they are completely non-violent?
    Not necessarily. The stuff I would like to write in yahoo chat rooms
    are totally non-violent, non-offensive, legal, warm-hearted, and
    friendly. However, they are so socially-unacceptable that other
    chatters would want to kill me by surrounding me with super-hot
    flames.
    To get a reaction from other chatters in the chat room. To make them
    want to burn me alive.
    How so?
    Sadly for me, I don't have a society.
    Yahoo chat and yahoo answers deserve punishment

    Radium, Jul 7, 2007
  15. Radium

    Mara Guest

    Sophistry. Words can do as much harm as physical blows - more so in fact, since
    the wounds aren't seen. There is nothing ethical or honorable in what you hope
    to achieve.

    <snip>

    Mara, Jul 7, 2007
  16. Radium

    Radium Guest

    The text I would like to post in chat rooms is totally harmless.
    Nothing insulting or hurtful.

    However, this text is so socially-unacceptable that other chatters
    will want to sear me alive after reading just one of the sentences.
    Even just the 1st sentence is so sickening that the readers would want
    to find out my who, what, when, where, why, and how. That is why I
    need protection.
    It will give me a pleasant feeling of revenge, though.

    Radium, Jul 7, 2007
  17. Radium

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Post it here - I'm sure someone can tell you how "socially-unacceptable" it
    really is. Put it in ROT13 if you think your "being watched".

    WhzzKdd, Jul 7, 2007
  18. Arng!

    --

    uggc://nyylbheonfr.cynarggevorf.tnzrfcl.pbz/ivqrb2_ivrj.fugzy

    Vs: Lbh'ir rire fnvq "Pyrna nve? Ybbxf pyrna gb zr;" be
    be lbh snk gur SOV n yvfg bs "Greebevfgf Va Zl Arvtuobeubbq;"
    be lbh fpernz "Qvg-qvg-qvggb" juvyr znxvat ybir...

    gura, lbh *zvtug* or n Pbafreingvir Evtug-Jvat Erchoyvpna!

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 7, 2007
  19. Radium

    Pennywise Guest

    Gung jnf njshy, purpx bhg
    uggc://nyylbheonfr.cynarggevorf.tnzrfcl.pbz//nlo2.fjs

    Pennywise, Jul 8, 2007
  20. Radium

    Radium Guest

    No thanks. My IP is visible and there are jerks who'll do anything to
    gain social acceptance -- which includes 'outing' my who, what, when,
    where, why and how. The public will then burn me alive over gas
    flames.

    Radium, Jul 8, 2007