    http://www.einfo.co.nz/shop/seagate-momentus-320gb-25-7mm-thin-internal-notebook-hdd-p-28847.html

    My question is; will the thinner drive be okay to replace the old drive
    with? If not, what is my best option?

    John, Oct 28, 2013

  2. John

    Dave Doe Guest

    I'd just get a different drive - ie. a 9.5mm drive. Most 2.5" drives
    are 9.5mm - sorta the standard I guess. Not many 7mm drives, most are
    9.5mm.

    So just get another drive (you don't have to use a Seagage Momentus
    drive).

    For around the same price, you should be able to get a WD 500GB 7200rpm
    drive (and not 5400rpm).

    Dave Doe, Oct 28, 2013

  3. And what about the extra Power & Heat.??

    Frank Williams, Oct 28, 2013
  4. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gosh but for a page that has a 'specifications' tab it's a bit of a joke!

    That's the Seagate Gen 3 SSHD - a respectable and excellent choice for a
    laptop. It has 8GB of MLC NAND and runs at 5,400rpm.

    I bought at just the right time and got one of the last Gen 2 models; 750GB,
    8GB *S*LC NAND and platters spinning at 7,200rpm (with an assurance from
    Seagate that, if and when better SSHD algorithms are developed they'll be
    made available for download for the G2 SSHD).

    I must say that it's more than halved the boot time of my T60 and made it
    considerably more responsive - opening programmes in less than half the time
    the WD Black that it replaced took.

    http://www.storagereview.com/seagate_sshd_thin_review_gen3_500gb_st500lm000

    Cheers,
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).
    [Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface]

    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2013
  5. John

    John Guest

    Thank you, much appreciated.