    HDD2D35
    TIA
    ron

    Ronald Murray, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Ronald Murray

    Pen Guest

    There are 2 types of drives. PATA and SATA. The drive you bought is SATA.
    http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_in...x-60gb-5400-rpm-8mb-sata-25/cName/hard-drives

    Pen, Mar 4, 2007

  3. Ronald Murray

    Robert Baer Guest

    There have been and will continue to be different electrical and
    mechanical configurations for laptop hard drives.
    A hard drive made by Quantum for an Apple desktop is rather different
    than the same-sized (in gigabytes as well as physically) hard drive made
    by Quantum for a PC desktop (i speak from experience).
    While there are "standards" for (generic) laptop drives like there
    are standards for PC hard drives, that does not mean that a given maker
    (eg: apple, IBM, etc) adheres to any part of those "standards".

    Robert Baer, Mar 4, 2007