    alerted me to the standalone GPS receivers that simply plug in to the laptop
    and work with autoroute at a fraction of the cost. Anyone got any
    recommendations, pros and cons?

    Chris, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Chris

    Scraggy Guest

    If you're happy with Autoroute, stay with it. It is much the cheaper option.
    You then have the choice between a USB sat receiver(cheapest) or a
    Bluetooth, assuming BT on your LT.
    Factors you may need to consider.
    Power for BT if used.
    Metal coatings on some screens mean that an external Ae may be required.

    Have a look here

    http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/?PHPSESSID=ce89bfeb0dcc09169a736485b48967cb

    http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

    Scraggy, Oct 2, 2005