    connection tries but doesn't connect). So I think it must be something on her
    laptop - any suggestions????
    Thanks

    Ronzlo, Dec 8, 2009

  2. Hi
    Assuming that your Wireless is secured you have to make sure that the laptop
    can match the Wireless Router's security.
    Some higher level of security might not be available on her laptop because
    it might be old or Win XP is Not updated..
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    Switching Off SSID (same has No Security. SSID can be easily sniffed even if
    it is Off)
    MAC Filtering______(Band Aid if nothing else is available, MAC number can be
    easily Spoofed).
    -------------------
    The three above are Not considered safe.
    Safe Starts here at WPA.
    -------------------
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Break).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    Note 2: If you use WinXP bellow SP3 and did not updated it, you would have
    to download the WPA2 patch from Microsoft.
    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357>
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.