    software to transfer files from my friends XT. His XT has no floppy
    drives and he doesn't know how to remotely install it on his 486.

    Thanks in advance, Richard

    Richard O'Keefe, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Richard O'Keefe

    RedBack Guest

    Put the XT hard drive into the 486.

    RedBack

    RedBack, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Hello RedBack, would it be as simple as taking the card and cables
    that supports the hard drive and installing them into the 486? Would
    ther be any problems with configuration? If I remember correctly the
    XTs had hard drives that were RLLs and MLM, while the 486s had IDE
    drives.

    Thanks in advance, Richard

    Richard O'Keefe, Nov 6, 2003