    menu system anymore. Is there a quick switch to get back to English?
    TIA
    peter

    Petert, Apr 8, 2008

  2. The about:config entry to look for is "general.useragent.locale".

    Reset its value by right-clicking on it and then select the last menu
    item called "Reset" (in OP's case probably doesn't read "Reset" but
    something Welsh).

    Otherwise OP could double-click on the entry and change its value into
    "en-US" or "en-UK".

    Roland de Ruiter, Apr 8, 2008

  3. Or "en-GB" ...

    Roland de Ruiter, Apr 8, 2008
  4. Petert

    Lukan Guest

    You might try entering "about:config" into your address bar, then "lang"
    "or something similar" ???
    With respect -

    Then why reply??

    Replying to every query for help isn't compulsory you know.

    Lukan, Apr 9, 2008
  5. Petert

    Petert Guest

    Thanks All
    Roland got it right

    peter

    Petert, Apr 10, 2008
  6. Petert

    eMixt

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    After spending few hours and testing how to change the language of my Firefox 3.6.8 from Chinese to en-US (English), I come across this only option so far (the about:config trick didn't work for me).

    1. Unistall your previous Firefox browser instalation.
    2. Go to: Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Change Location -> (set) United States.
    3. Find a good proxy or VPN with USA IP.
    4. Go to: mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html and download your desired Firefox with your desired language (I chose: mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.6.8&os=win&lang=en-US).
    5. Download it and install it.
    Done!

    Note: As far as I understand the Firefox will look about your OS language (mine is the English version), your OS keyboard languages (mine set for US and chinese), OS Control Panel Location (mine was set to USA), and your location at the moment when you execute the download for the Firefox browser app (mine was China but at that time I used a VPN which confirmed my location as USA).

    Regards,

    eMixt
    emixt.com

    eMixt, Aug 19, 2010