    I have the British language on my computer but the spell check is
    supporting American. How could I change spell check to English as well?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    WormWood Guest

    message | Hi,

    | I have the British language on my computer but the spell check is
    | supporting American. How could I change spell check to English as
    well?

    | Rajinder

    English (British)
    You don't need a spell checkere if you memourise a few rules.
    1. Colour, not 'color.'
    2. Theatre, not 'theater'
    3. Paediatrics, not 'pediatrics'
    4. Realise, not 'realize'
    5. Petrol, not 'gasoline'
    6. Oops!

    So, there you have it.
    That's the lot.
    Right.

    WormWood, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Scrote Guest

    Armour/Armor
    Cheque/Check
    etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum

    Scrote, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Nappy / Diaper(sp)?????
    Aluminium / Aluminum
    Boot / Trunk
    Bonnet / Hood

    David Griffin, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    trout Guest

    That *would* be quite the spell-checker that could correct those.

    trout, Nov 8, 2004
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | David Griffin wrote:
    |
    | > Nappy / Diaper(sp)?????
    | > Boot / Trunk
    | > Bonnet / Hood
    |
    | That *would* be quite the spell-checker that could correct those.
    | --
    | "Change 'elevator' to 'lift'? OK."

    torch / flashlight...and the list goes on <g>

    Toolman Tim, Nov 9, 2004
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Hi,
    |
    | I have the British language on my computer but the spell check is
    | supporting American. How could I change spell check to English as well?
    |
    | Rajinder

    Could you possibly tell us *WHAT* spell check program? (Duh...telling you
    how to change the spell check program for Word Perfect 12.0 wouldn't be much
    help if you're using Lotus WordPro 9, now would it?)

    Why do you insist on posting questions here without providing the basic
    information needed to help someone help you?

    Toolman Tim, Nov 9, 2004
  8. Hello "Rajinder"!!
    The spell check comes with the word processor,
    maybe You have one of Microsoft's, in Your Computer.
    I would look for a British word processor that has a
    British spell check. Or search on Google just for a British
    spell check. LOLuck [email protected]

    [email protected], Nov 9, 2004