    free via the web.

    Does anyone know what this website is please?

    TIA

    Willie, Sep 28, 2006

  2. Willie

    Brian Guest

    Maybe it is

    http://www.webcalldirect.com

    Brian.

    Brian, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Willie

    Nick Guest

    Many exist these days. I'd guess the one you heard
    of was Jahjah?
    http://www.jajah.com/

    Nick, Sep 28, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh Brian:
    Or also, once you have an account, VoIPStunt, VoIPCheap, SipDiscount or
    all the other VoIP services from this group.

    Unlike Webcalldirect with the above you do initially have to download
    some software to create the account, but once you have you can use the
    website or the software to enter the two numbers, using VoIPStunt etc
    this way you have the choice use your PC / VoIP adaptor to make your
    half of the call, or use your landline.

    As with Webcalldirect they call is 0p / 0c per minute but there is a 3p
    or 5c connection when using landline to landline unlike no connection
    using VoIP to landline.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 28, 2006
  5. Willie

    Willie Guest

    Jajah was the one thanks. Thanks for other replies too.

    Willie, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Willie

    Brian Guest

    There is also voxalot, with the added capability of having different
    providers for the two legs of the call.
    It is interesting that SipDiscount do offer registration via a web form.
    It would benefit users of non-Windows operating systems if they did it
    for all their products, although blind or visually impaired people would
    still have problems with the CAPTCHA.
    I've yet to find a serious use for it. Having to be in front of the
    computer to feed in the phone numbers is limiting but the possibility of
    using scripting to access the facility is an intriguing idea.

    Brian.

    Brian, Sep 28, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh Brian:
    I haven't used the call back service other than to test it, I have no
    landline and use VoIP, so there is no point, it's easier for me to pick
    up my phone that's conntected by way of an ATA.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 28, 2006
  8. Willie

    Brian Guest

    It is when travelling without an ATA that it may come in useful. Given a
    computer and a phone line (VoIP or PSTN) you could access your account.

    Brian.

    Brian, Sep 28, 2006
  9. Willie

    andy Guest

    Every once in a while, I send an email to one of the Finarea companies
    suggesting they make a client program/method that can be used via
    wap/gprs. No reply of course ...

    It would mean mobile calls from 5p a minute, even when roaming, or use
    it to connect two landlines together.

    Voxalot and other callbacks can be used of course, but it seems to be
    problematic getting both legs of the call via the same provider in some
    cases with Voxalot

    andy, Oct 3, 2006
  10. Willie

    Loz Guest

    Can you only initiate calls from a US number?

    Loz, Oct 14, 2006
  11. Willie

    Jono Guest

    Loz explained on 14/10/2006 :
    No.

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  12. Willie

    Loz Guest

    Loz, Oct 14, 2006
  13. Willie

    Jono Guest

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  14. Willie

    Loz Guest

    To update to this, I thought it could theoretically be because of my ISP
    (AOL)

    However I have gone through a UK based web cache after clearing cookies
    and it's the same thing.

    Strange! Any ideas?

    Loz, Oct 14, 2006
  15. Willie

    Loz Guest

    Looks like we had the same idea there. I tried the UK proxy idea and it
    didn't work. On jahjah.com (after logging out)

    I assume that page before logging in is just to try the service? Does
    that allow you to originate from the UK?

    Loz, Oct 14, 2006