    it? Could it be my Toshiba DVD player doesn't have the tolerance for
    a slight offset labels?

    TIA

    Budd, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Budd

    Budd Guest

    Budd, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Budd

    McQualude Guest

    I used to label everything, but I have noticed a higher failure rate with
    labeled discs, so I have stopped labeling to see what happens.

    McQualude, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Budd

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Some players can't handle labeled discs, Toshiba is one of them. I recommend
    steering very clear of Toshiba, get a Panasonic or Pioneer.

    Pug Fugley, Feb 22, 2004
  5. Budd

    luminos Guest

    I recommmend steering very clear of labels and getting a disc printer.

    luminos, Feb 22, 2004
  6. Budd

    Toshi1873 Guest

    We don't use labels... get a CD/DVD marking pen, or a fine-point Sharpie
    or a printer that will print on special media (has a printable surface).

    Toshi1873, Feb 22, 2004
  7. Budd

    Powerage Guest

    I aggree with this post.

    Powerage, Feb 22, 2004
  8. Budd

    drsd2kill Guest

    DON'T USE the Memorex labels - they are too thick - Memorex KNOWS this and
    still markets them for use on DVD's when they often cause them not to play
    properly affter application.

    Go to www.dvdr4less.com for their "no-wobble" labels - you can use the Memorex
    stamper to apply them and - save for watching out for airbubbles - the discs
    play fine using them

    drsd2kill, Feb 22, 2004
  9. Budd

    Bill Guest

    The Memorex labels that I purchased several months ago were actually too
    thin--noticeably thinner than either Fellowes or the ones Imation used to
    make. In addition, quality of color printing was noticeably poorer with the
    Memorex labels, which is why I gave up on them.

    Perhaps my luck will run out one day, but I've observed no problems to date
    with discs that have been labelled. I do use an applicator to properly
    center them, perhaps that's the key.

    Bill, Feb 22, 2004