    How many machines do I need? VMWare lets me run 5 at once, I think. I have
    4GB ram for my desktop PC.

    Any suggestions? What do you guys run for your labs?

    Kingpinofdisks, Sep 25, 2008

  2. Kingpinofdisks

    PAJ Guest

    7 X XP at 6GB RAM each
    6 x Vista at 8 RAM each
    Main OS at 100GB RAM
    Solitaire at 156TB RAM

    PAJ, Sep 26, 2008

  3. Kingpinofdisks

    John R Guest

    What about bit torrent?

    John R

    John R, Sep 26, 2008
  4. Kingpinofdisks

    Wayne Guest

    1 Domain Controller, 1 Server 2008 (to dcpromo as a 2nd DC) 1 Vista Client
    and/or 1 XP sp3 client. Use snapshots once you have those 4 and you can
    pretty well do any exercise or test any concepts you like. Another Server
    2008 can be handy, put it on a different subnet/vlan so you can setup sites
    and test/view replication across a simulated WAN link.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver

    Wayne, Sep 26, 2008
  5. Kingpinofdisks

    Dude Guest

    I used 2 laptops and a crossover cable. I loaded the Server 2008 demo on the
    newer Dell laptop. The older Dell laptop had a dual boot with Windows 2000
    and the server 2003 demo. This setup just worked fine for a mimal study lab.
    If you load a demo version on a laptop, make sure you have a good battery.
    The battery on the older laptop was flaky. Every time the battery died, the
    system lost it's time and hosed the demo license. I had to reinstall Server
    2003 several times because of that.

    Dude, Oct 7, 2008