    traffic does not flow down the established tunnel, but follows its
    physical interface connection instead.

    Any thoughts?

    leecalcote, Mar 12, 2007

  2. leecalcote

    Smokey Guest

    In routers you can use GRE tunnels over IPSEC to accomplish this. You
    could create a GRE tunnel (GRE tunnel use unicast), this allow you to
    encapsulate multicast packet into a unicast packet.
    However the PIX, IMHO, does not support the encrypting of multicast
    packets. So in this situation I do not think your solution will work.

    Just my opinion....

    HTH

    Smokey, Mar 12, 2007