    TightVNC to view the video of any PCs on the LAN vs buying a KVM switch?

    Im wanting to put together a small LAN at home for training purposes on
    network administration... is why I ask.

    john63401, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Disadvantage with a remote control tool is that the OS has to be up and
    running before you can use remote control.

    With a KVM switch you have access to the PC even at BIOS level.

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 4, 2003

  3. john63401

    licknlabia Guest

    Unless you can afford to purchase something similar to a Raritan
    Telereach.....

    licknlabia, Aug 4, 2003
  4. john63401

    |{evin Guest

    That's what Remote Insight Cards are for.

    |{evin, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Remote Insight Lights Out (ILO) by HP / Compaq. Great for remote sites. His
    question was about KVM and VNC and I really don't think ILO cards are cost
    effective for a home LAN for studying.

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 5, 2003
  6. john63401

    Gary - US Guest