    the CMOS battery? Because I'v never had time problems before when the
    computer was off.

    PS: I had Ubuntu before Kubuntu, and I had the same problem with both

    Uplink, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Uplink

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    I would try a new battery, and if that did not
    work ,download atomic clock sync from
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com.
    You should be able to google something like
    that for kubunto.
    Note : Some virus scanners fingerprinted it as
    virus, but I have not had a problem with it
    for 2 years on 3 computers, so I think that is
    a false positive, as it of course does contact
    the net for time sync.
    I have told the scanners to ignore it.
    Those scanners also dont like legal CMOS
    save/restore software.

    Sjouke Burry, Aug 14, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    Virus scanners say that it's a virus because it is modifying system
    settings and time settings as a virus could easily screw your time up
    and that's why it thinks that.

    Uplink, Aug 14, 2006