Konica Minolta DiMage Z2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by R, Apr 12, 2004.

  1. R

    R Guest

    In the hope that this group does not get hijacked by porn idiots....

    I have just purchased a Konica Minolta DiMage Z2. So far I really like
    it... quite a step up from my Nikon Coolpix 775.

    As I was for reviews of this camera I mostly found comments about the Z1.
    Two things kept popping up...

    Purple fringing

    Viewfinder mirror getting stuck so that you could not view on LCD but only
    through viewfinder.

    I know the lens is new and better. Does this fix the fringing??

    What about the mirror? Apparently K-M thought it was "a pin" that was too
    long or something. Has this been fixed??

    Roger

    R, Apr 12, 2004

  2. R

    gmr2048 Guest

    I've had the Z2 for about 3 weeks now and have noticed no purple
    fringing. The quality of the images has been great. The mirror has
    worked flawlessly so far, tho I still have to question the logic of
    making a mechanical mirror instead of a second LCD. Guess cost
    dictated that decision at KM. I tend to use the viewfinder 90% of the
    time anyway.

    -gary

    gmr2048, Apr 16, 2004