    30.8x41.2 inch print. At this size I can see a lack of sharpness,
    which does not concern me because I will never make prints this large.

    Comments?

    Morton Klotz, Aug 1, 2004

  2. If my head math is correct, you would need a 6 to 7 mp sensor to give you an
    acceptable 30 by 41 inch print. As long as the mp count is under 6 to 7, the
    quality is fine.

    Paul Riemerman

    Paul Riemerman, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Morton Klotz

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    I think you'll find that some comments made by users often don't put
    into context the level of use the camera is made for.

    I have the Z1 myself, and find it has more than acceptable image
    quality. I have considered the price of this camera though, and the
    features it has are very high at the price range. All considered it is a
    great camera. Had I a bit more to spend at the time I would probably
    have got an Olympus C750, but it was £100 more for much the same
    features.

    In the end though, if you are happy with the results you're getting,
    does it matter what others say? I also read many articles on the Z1, and
    its peers, and all of them had good and bad points - although most of
    those were only opinions of the reviewer.

    Andy Hewitt, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Morton Klotz

    Clyde Guest

    Of course, the A2 is an 8 MP camera.

    BTW, what is your math? I personally would never print a 6-7 MP image
    that big. Then again, I never printed my 35mm bigger than 8x10" either.

    Clyde

    Clyde, Aug 2, 2004
  5. That's why i put the disclaimer in. Off the top of my head I was thinking 4
    mp at 16 by 20, and adding a couple of mps to get up to a 30 inch plus
    print. My point was blowing up digital images loses quality fast. By the
    way, most likely you did print larger than 8 by 10 without realizing it - i
    put a large blowup into that category.

    Paul Riemermam

    Paul Riemerman, Aug 2, 2004
  6. My point is that blowing up digital images loses quality *slower* than
    blowing up film images. There is exactly the same gradual softening
    of detail, but film has this grain that increases as the enlargement
    goes up, and digital does not.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 2, 2004
  7. Morton Klotz

    Alan Browne Guest

    The real point is "at what distance will the image be viewed from?"

    Alan Browne, Aug 3, 2004
  8. Morton Klotz

    Morton Klotz Guest

    You are right, Al. But many people tend to look at pictures from less
    than the optimal distance.

    Regards to Sophia.

    Morton Klotz, Aug 3, 2004
  9. Morton Klotz