    Like WTF? dont the tell the worlds press?

    Cheers

    ,M/P

    Michael.Pasturi, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Michael.Pasturi

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Michael:

    I'd never heard of the Z812 IS, before seeing your post; Google didn't
    turn up much info, on it, either.

    Even Kodak's own Web site <http://www.kodak.com> isn't saying much, yet:

    KODAK EASYSHARE Z812 IS Zoom Digital Camera Support
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn034159.jhtml?pq-path=10/3905/6594/11656

    KODAK EASYSHARE Z812IS Zoom Digital Camera User's Guide - Camera
    specifications
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/serv...urg00764c8s1&pq-path=10/3905/6594/11656/11663

    Here are some of the Z812 IS's specs, from the directly above page:

    8.0 MP (3264 x 2448 pixels)

    Color display - 2.5 in. (6.4 cm) color LCD; 960 x 240 (230 K) pixels

    Color electronic viewfinder - 0.2 in. (5.1 mm), 230 K pixels

    12X optical zoom, aspheric all-glass lens, f/2.8–4.8 (35 mm equivalent:
    36–432 mm)

    HDTV (1280 x 720) @ 30 fps

    Looks like an excellent digicam, anyway -- thanks, for the tip!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Michael.Pasturi

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Good specs, but much too large, and heavy, for my purposes.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 14, 2007
  4. Michael.Pasturi

    Raoul Guest

    Good timing, I was just about to buy the Z712IS. I'll wait til next
    month.

    Raoul, Aug 15, 2007
  5. Michael.Pasturi

    Rich Guest

    How big is the sensor, the size of a fly's eye?

    Rich, Aug 15, 2007
  6. Michael.Pasturi

    Ron Hunter Guest

    CCD - 1/2.5 in. CCD, 4:3 aspect ratio

    Right at the top of the specifications.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 15, 2007
  7. Michael.Pasturi

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Ron:

    The main thing I, personally, dislike about the Z812 IS, is the fact
    that its SD slot is located in the battery compartment. As I prefer
    putting memory cards in a reader, instead of tranferring pictures via
    USB, it's a pain to have to open the cover, each time -- as I need to
    do, with my Norcent DC-1020 (10MP digicam).

    Furthermore, here's another interesting quote, from the specifications
    page:

    "Power — Kodak lithium digital camera battery CRV3; Kodak Li-Ion
    rechargeable digital camera battery KLIC-8000; AA lithium batteries;
    3V AC adapter; EasyShare docks"

    The Z812 IS is compatible, with both Li-Ion and AA cells, which is
    great; yet, Ni-MH isn't mentioned, for some odd reason?

    Although, if this camera can take Li-Ion >and< NiMH, it would be an
    intriguing choice, for many potential buyers.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 16, 2007
  8. Michael.Pasturi

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Rich:

    It probably is, but, that's >still< bigger than your troll-infested
    brain. :-J

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 16, 2007
  9. Michael.Pasturi

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It might be that the 2.5 combined voltage of the NiMH cells isn't enough
    for a camera that normally uses the 3.7 volts of a Lithium Ion battery.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 16, 2007
  10. Hi J/T

    I always said it takes a special and loyal customer to buy Kodak brand
    [a company that is rapidly heading down the toilet]

    ie The Z812is IS NO LONGER ON THE WEBSITE!!! Like WTF.

    Frankly, if you buy Kodak you must have rocks in your head

    Sorry to all you loyal guys [i was once] but the company is run by
    fools who treat customers like monkeys

    Other than that they are ok:)

    Cheers

    M/P

    Michael.Pasturi, Aug 17, 2007
  11. Michael.Pasturi

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Sorry you have had negative results with Kodak. My experiences over the
    last 55 years or so I have been actively using their cameras has been
    exactly the opposite. Your assessment of the company, and its
    management, and employees, is only one person's opinion, and is given
    the weight it deserves here.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 17, 2007
  12. Michael.Pasturi

    John Turco Guest

    wrote:

    Hello, Michael:

    Well, the link I'd provided, before, still works for me:

    KODAK EASYSHARE Z812 IS Zoom Digital Camera Support
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn034159.jhtml?pq-path=10/3905/6594/11656

    Now, please apologize, for your shocking, anti-Kodak tirade! <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 18, 2007