    And the speed of the card, in some cases.
    Even some expensive cameras writing TIF to a slow card can take some
    significant time.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 5, 2005

  2. enri

    Boron Elgar Guest

    It is not a matter of one being "nicer," than the other, though a
    person may certainly have a preference for shooting and collecting,
    but my B&W days were devoted to the darkroom side of it. Color prints
    were too messy and expensive to play with, as far as I was concerned.

    I still shoot B&W with my digital, but instead of the darkroom, I play
    with it in a program or two.

    Boron

    Boron Elgar, Oct 5, 2005

  3. enri

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I have done both in the darkroom, developing and printing, but it is not
    something I want to mess with any more. I am a very color focused
    person, so B&W doesn't do anything for me. I can appreciate the artist
    merits of some such photos, but I find them lacking from an enjoyment
    point of view.
    I know a guy who does marvelous paintings using a 1 hair brush, and only
    straight lines of different lengths, and widths. It is interesting, and
    I appreciate his talent, but I enjoy his sister's vivid watercolors more.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 6, 2005
  4. enri

    SoCalMike Guest

    at least they had the foresight to get into digital early, which is one
    reason theyre still around and polaroid isnt.
    the CD burners that came out a couple years later didnt help, either. i
    just tossed 2 1996-era zip drives with cables and about 15 disks.
    neither had "the click", but neither was worth anything. guess i coulda
    craigslisted em.
    heh... research the V6/automatic debacle as it pertains to some late
    90s-2002 odysseys and accords.
    agreed, and i dont see their products as being as good as even a common
    HP camera.

    SoCalMike, Oct 6, 2005
  5. enri

    SoCalMike Guest

    easier (to me) to just yank the SD card and load it into the reader.

    SoCalMike, Oct 6, 2005
  6. enri

    SoCalMike Guest

    besides, the 2.1Mpixel you dropped $500 on a few years ago is obsolete
    compared to an equally priced 7Mpixel today.

    SoCalMike, Oct 6, 2005
  7. enri

    mattack Guest

    I admit that I haven't followed this thread (nor the followup one),
    but my immediate reaction to this part is -- check your state's laws.

    At least California has a law that companies MUST have parts for products
    for X years after they were last sold. (I believe the number is 7 years,
    but I know absolutely it's more than 3 years.)

    mattack, Oct 6, 2005
  8. enri

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Civil code section 1793.03

    Ray Fischer, Oct 6, 2005
  9. enri

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It would seem that a large number of consumers don't agree with you as
    Kodak is number one in sales in the US, and number 2 worldwide.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 6, 2005
  10. enri

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I would agree, but getting the card out of my camera is a PITA. It
    either has to be pulled out with fingernails, or it shoots half-way
    across the room, there seems to be no happy medium. sigh.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 6, 2005
  11. enri

    enri Guest

    Almost 60 users lament their experiences with Kodak.

    http://tinyurl.com/d5q2w

    Here is one:

    What a shame... (DHCQ)

    "I have to add my voice to all those who expressed dissatisfaction
    with this camera. Don't get me wrong: the machine is lovely, takes
    nice photos, is a doddle to use, looks good, not too bulky etc. BUT
    any $350 product that only lasts two and a half years is not good
    enough. We need to fight this disposable culture. Disposable is OK for
    a $20-$50 purchase. Significant outlay like $350 should buy me a
    (computer) product that will last until it's either completely utdated
    or I decide to upgrade"

    Somehow just feeling one is not alone brings calmness.

    enri

    enri, Oct 6, 2005
  12. My 35 is a Pentax Spotmatic. :) But I tend to think and shoot by
    the roll; I've never been one to have a cassette in the camera for
    six months at a time.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 7, 2005
  13. enri

    bob_jenkins Guest

    They'll probably invent some must-have technology that still hasn't
    Image stabilization? The ability to measure more than three primary
    colors, plus the ability to tell six-color printers about those extra
    measurements? Much deeper depth of field via unconventional optics?
    And those are only the ones I've already heard of.

    bob_jenkins, Oct 19, 2005